The Benefits of Coconut Oil
You have likely heard all of the hype surrounding coconut oil lately. What is this amazing substance and what can it do for you? The list of its benefits is quite endless as it helps your beauty, physical health, oral health and can even make you skinnier! Basically, what is not to love about it? Here are some of the top benefits of this superfood that everyone should know about.
- Make your body stronger by enabling it to resist harmful bacteria and viruses. This amounts to fewer colds and illnesses, but it does not stop there. It can also assist with yeast overgrowth which is a culprit in stomach aches, certain infections and the inability to lose weight.
- Lower your cholesterol with the good acid in coconut oil. The acid works to increase your good cholesterol and balance your thyroid at the same time, giving you overall better health.
- Moisturize your skin with coconut oil. The oil goes directly to the tissues of your skin, providing the much needed moisture, rather than having to fight through the synthetic ingredients found in lotions and creams. As an added bonus it also helps to diminish wrinkles too.
- Create beautiful, shiny hair with coconut oil. You can use it as a hair “tamer” or as a deep conditioner. If you use it as a conditioner, place it in your hair at night and wash it out in the morning for shiny, golden locks. If you need to de-frizz your hair, use sparing amounts on the ends of your hair and comb through – the frizz will be gone!
- Clear up scrapes without chemicals. Coconut oil works great on scrapes and bruises, allowing them to heal quicker than they would with other over-the-counter products. In addition, it helps to minimize any scarring, allowing you to have beautiful skin with ease.