Modern blogging for all women on health, self care and fashion!
Follow us on Instagram!

Three Practices to Maintaining Healthy Living

Three Practices to Maintaining Healthy Living

When many of us think of healthy living, we think of eating bland tasting food with a side of carrot juice, and exactly 80.45 ounces of water a day. Oh, and don’t forget to get your heart rate up by doing strenuous exercise seven times a week for at least 60 minutes. This thought is often the reason people opt for the pizza and a couch potato lifestyle. We all want to be healthy, but if the benefit of being healthy takes away all the joy out of life, we will be less likely to change our behaviors.

The good news is that living a healthy lifestyle does not have be strenuous. In fact, it only requires a few changes to everyday habits to make a lasting impact. Below are three things you can do to begin a life of health, without taking away all the joy.

Exercise Regularly, but Not Necessarily Intensely

To be healthy, we need to move. The good news is that you do not necessarily have to move for 60 minutes at a high intensity to reap the benefits. The key to exercise is sustainability. Find something you like to do, and do it for at least 20 minutes, three or four times a week.

Eat Your Fruit, Drink Your Vegetables

Vegetables are packed with vitamins and nutrients. However, many of us do not consume nearly enough in our diet. One way to make sure you have your daily allotment of veggies is to drink them. Get a blender, mix some almond milk, a handful of spinach or kale, maybe some beets, and add a squirt of lemon juice for flavor. Mix and match your vegetables to keep your taste buds on their toes. Drinking a vegetable smoothie is a great and easy way to get all those wonderful vitamins.

Make Better Food Choices

This is easier said than done. Most people are not drawn to broccoli when there is a piece of cake to be had. The good news is that you do not always have to put down the cake for a healthier option. The key to a healthy lifestyle is balance. If you are eating what is good for you 80% of the time, it is okay to splurge on the less healthy choices the other 20% of the time.

Living a healthy lifestyle is not as difficult as you might expect. Making small adjustments and adding in some movement through exercise can make a big difference.