6 Quick & Easy Ways to Improve Your Skin
Posted on November 15, 2017 0 Comments
Too busy to get a facial? Too rushed to do a complicated beauty regime? Don’t worry! These habits take hardly any time, but they go a long way toward helping you look (and feel!) your best.
- With the hustle and bustle of daily life, it can be tempting to turn in without washing your face first. Don’t do it! Washing off dirt, grime, and cosmetics isn’t just about preventing breakouts. Doing so can also help combat the aging process because cell turnover–the process of new skin cells being created–is more efficient on clean skin.
- So, you’re sticking to tip number one and washing every night. Next, switch things up a bit by using an exfoliating product several times a week instead of regular face wash. It takes no longer than your usual washing, but it removes dead skin cells much more efficiently. Plus, the next products you use, such as serum or moisturizer, will work better on exfoliated skin.
- Give yourself a facial massage every night as part of your p.m. ritual. It will boost circulation, which gives you a healthy-looking glow. Added bonus? That little massage can also help prevent morning puffiness!
- Our faces can’t get all of the attention! Use a body brush or exfoliating mitt during your shower to help smooth the texture of your skin. Once a week, use exfoliating body scrub to keep your skin looking and feeling healthy, head to toe!
- Cut some serious time off your morning routine by leaving makeup off your to-do list. Just like it’s important for you to take a “breather” now and then for your mental health and overall well-being, your skin needs to breathe, too! Consider going completely without any cosmetics at least once a week to allow skin a chance to breathe and to regenerate its natural moisture barrier.
- It takes mere moments, but it’s the most important step to keeping your skin looking great and protecting your health: Apply a nickel-sized dollop of sunscreen to your face every morning. If you’re going to be outdoors for more than a couple of hours, don’t forget to reapply!